With the UK in lockdown, it’s highly unlikely you’ll be using your car so now is potentially a good time to cancel your car insurance to save yourself some money. It’s worth noting that, unless you’ve paid for your car insurance in the last 14 days, you’ll have to pay a cancellation fee.
When it comes to cancelling the insurance, each company has its own cancellation policy. Depending on who you’re insured with, you might be able to cancel online. With other insurers, you may need to ring, or feel more comfortable ringing.
Cancel Aviva Car Insurance
Even if you’ve gone past the 14 day period, cancelling with Aviva is fairly easy. You should also get most of your money back. There are 4 parts of cancelling your Aviva car insurance, they are as follows:
- Contact Aviva Insurance. The policy holder needs to speak directly to Aviva to cancel their deal. This can be done at any time during the policy.
- Your refund should be issued for the days of cover you have paid for but didn’t use.
- You’ll be charged a leaving fee which is used to cover administrative costs.
- You’ll also be expected to return your Certificate of Motor Insurance by post.
Cancel Admiral Car Insurance
It is possible to cancel Admiral car insurance, even after the 14 day cooling off period is completed. The cooling off period is put in place to ensure that you’re happy with the policy you’re receiving and also Admiral as a provider.
You’ll need to contact the Admiral Insurance contact number and speak to one of their team. You’ll be charged a cancellation fee and also be charged for the cover set up. There would also be a £5 charge if you’ve bought any motor Policy Upgrades. Contact them today to speak about cancelling your car insurance policy.
Cancel AXA Car Insurance
Like with most car insurance providers, you do have a 14 day cooling off period if you have only just signed up for AXA car insurance.
If you cancel your insurance after the 14 day period you’ll be charged a pro-rata refund. The refund is based on the time you’ve been covered by AXA, plus a cancellation fee of £52.50 (accurate as of April 2020).
If you’re paying on a monthly basis your instalments will end but you may not receive a return of premium. You may also be required to pay an additional cost for the time you’ve been covered. If you want to cancel your insurance, call the AXA customer services number to speak to one of their team today.
Cancel Churchill Insurance
Cancelling your car insurance with Churchill is a quick and simple process. All you need to do is call up the Churchill Insurance contact number and speak to one of their team. Cancelling can be done in 4 steps:
- You can either call or send a letter. You need to specify whether you want to cancel immediately or at a later date.
- You’ll be refunded for the part of your premium you haven’t used. For example, if you’ve used 8 months, you’ll be paid for 4 months.
- A refund fee will be charged. Typically this is about £50 for your main insurance and about £10 for breakdown cover.
Cancelling your car insurance is a quick and simple way to save money during the Coronavirus crisis. Take a look at the different ways you can save money during lockdown, hopefully meaning you’ll come out of the lockdown with a nice savings account.