Amazon are arguably the biggest online retailer, not just in the UK but worldwide. During this lockdown, fortunately, Amazon have their prime delivery in service. This means we can get items delivered to our door the day after we placed our order.
It’s also very easy to get in touch with Amazon by simply calling the Amazon UK contact number. There are a number of reasons you may want to get in touch with Amazon. Here’s our guide to contacting Amazon UK.
Returning an item
Sometimes when you make an order through Amazon, you may want to return the item if it was broken, faulty or not what you expected. You can return items to Amazon, as long as it’s within a 30 day period of when the item was delivered. Most items follow a standard returns policy bit others may have a slightly different policy. It’s important you look into the returns policy before attempting to make a return. You can always call the Amazon contact number to find out more.
Most Amazon Prime deliveries are still running on next day delivery but some have been pushed back by 2-3 days. If you’re having issues with your delivery, it’s worth contacting Amazon as they can track your delivery and estimate it’s arrival. You can also look in the “Your Orders” part of the Amazon app where you can see an estimated delivery date and time.
It is possible to cancel your order. The process is simple and can be done online in the “Your Order” section of Amazon. All you need to do is the following:
- If the order is from a third-party seller, you have 30 minutes after placing the order to make any cancellation.
- If the order has already entered the delivery process, this option isn’t available. You can select Request Cancellation but this does not guarantee cancellation. You’ll receive an email within an hour confirming whether or not your cancellation was possible.
- Select the tick box next to each item you want to remove from the order. To cancel the entire order, select all of the items.
- Select Cancel ticked items when finished.
Change your order information
You may need to change order information such as delivery address, payment method, gift options etc). Order information can be changed in the “My Orders” part of your account. Simply do the following:
- Select the Order Details link for the order you want to change.
- To edit orders delivered by Amazon, select Change next to the details you want to edit, including delivery address, payment method, gift options, etc.
- If the order is coming from a Marketplace Seller, you have 30 minutes after placing the order to make changes. Once this period has passed, select Contact seller to request any changes.
- It’s worth noting, sellers can’t change the delivery address for you once you’ve created your order. If you need to update the delivery address and the item hasn’t been sent yet, you’ll need to request a cancellation and order again.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change the necessary information.
So there you have our guide to contacting Amazon. If we haven’t answered your questions, then check out the Amazon Help Guide where you can find their FAQs section. You can use the Amazon UK contact number to speak to one of their team directly.