British Gas is one of the UK’s biggest energy and home service providers. They started out in 1812 as the first public utility company in the world under the trade name “Gas Light & Coke”. British Gas’ main offering is to supply gas and electricity to homes across the UK, but that’s not their only offering. The company provides money-saving solutions and can provide you with a safe and efficient environment to live in.
Your smart home
British Gas is committed to providing you with “A warm welcome home, every time”. Their brand new Hive Active Heating is a smart home device that allows you to control the heating around your home, potentially saving you money in the long run.
With Hive, not only can you control the heating from the hub, you can also use the phone app to control it directly through your mobile. So, if your heating is scheduled to come on automatically when you are out of the house, you can turn it off, potentially saving you a lot of money.
You can use the Hive app to set up to 6 daily schedules for both your heating and your hot water. You can use Geolocation to find out which location your heating is on, particularly if you’ve left your home and the heating is still on. It’s a useful way of saving money. Hive also works in conjunction with the Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
British Gas can provide you with a number of home services, looking after you and your home in the most efficient way possible. They can offer you the following services:
- Appliances and Electrical: British Gas offer a selection of cover and repair options to ensure you can keep the lights on.
- Boilers and Heating: They help you with boiler cover, and can help you with any repair work that needs doing, as well as buying a new boiler and more.
- Home Insurance: You can look after your home and the contents within it so you don’t have to worry.
- Landlords: For landlords, their building, contents and home cover provides protection for you, your property and your tenants.
- Moving Home: Let British Gas know you’re moving, and they will make moving your bills a smooth and easy process.
- Plumbing and Drains: If the worst happens and you get a blocked pipe, make sure your plumbing is covered or simply call British Gas and they will send someone out to repair it for you.
Let British Gas power your world
British Gas can provide you with all the energy you need to ensure your home is powered through even the darkest and coldest of winter nights. Their simple and easy to use app allows you to control the amount of energy you use, and pay any outstanding bills in a quick and easy way.
Not only do they provide you with great rates, they also come out and install any infrastructures that you need in your home. Whether that be one of their smart meters or a new boiler, they can provide you with the appliances you need.
A new incentive has also been put in place for houses that need a little extra help in the colder months. The “Warm Home Discount” scheme offers a one-off payment of £140 towards the energy bills of those who need it most in England, Scotland and Wales. The money is credited to your energy account providing you qualify for the discount. Applications for the winter 2019/20 season open in the not-so-distant future.
If you need British Gas to help you, you can call their advice line. They will happily answer any questions you have, and provide you with one of their many services.