Connection call numbers like these cost 13ppm plus your company's access charge. Contact Numbers UK provides a call forwarding service and are not associated with HMRC.

About HMRC

HMRC stands for Her Majesties Revenue and Customs which is the tax and customs authority in the UK. The body is responsible for ensuring proper tax collection and making sure that the collected fund is adequately allocated and utilised for public services and to provide financial support to deserving families. Because of its complex responsibilities, HMRC experiences a heavy flow of calls and it is important to access a direct number in the event of enquiring issues related to welfare payments and taxations. By calling 0871 244 7269 you will be greeted by a friendly representative who will assess your situation and provide a possible solution to your problems.

What is HMRC Customer Service Phone Number?

It is essential that you keep yourself updated with latest HMRC policies and clearly understand these. This way you can make sure that you make all your tax payments on time and as required. You can call HMRC to clear any confusion that you may have regarding your tax payments. Calling the HMRC contact number, you can get in touch with the HMRC customer services team who will answer all of your queries.

I want to know more about taxation, who do I call?

There are numerous home owners and businesses that rely heavily on HMRC and this is because of its involvement in taxation disputes and distribution of state benefited support payments. There are constant changes taking place in the legislation, in order to better facilitate people when it comes to taxation and state benefit programmes. HMRC tries its best to distinguish and cater to people who are in real need of financial support from the government.

By calling HMRC customer services, you will be directed to its well-staffed customer service team, comprising of 67,000 representatives. HMRC representatives are highly talented and qualified individuals having the right expertise and knowledge to best address the most complex of taxation and benefits issues. You can rely on them to provide you with the best course of action to resolve your matter. If you have a complaint to record or are confused about a specific application form or process, you can always call them and a representative will take care of your matter efficiently and promptly.

With a number of intricate services provided by the HMRC, it has categorised its customer service team, dedicating each segment to resolve queries concerning specific services and have trained them accordingly in order to best tackle your specific conflicts. The HMRC customer service department promises to process your requests as swiftly as possible.

I would like to know what services HMRC provides.

HRMC takes care of matters, for both businesses and consumers, which might be directly or indirectly relate to tax issues. If you are a contractual employee or self-employed then you might have to contact the HMRC customer services in order to enquire about tax payments. With changing legislations the rate of tax can change significantly and often when people receive their payslip, they usually are in shock because the amount of tax deducted is not what they expected.

Sometimes there can be an error in the deduction and by calling the HMRC contact number you can inform its representatives of this issue and question whether the deduction was right or not. In the case it was an error then you can apply for an adjustment.

Self-employed individuals are required to submit a self-assessment form in order to determine the amount of tax that should be charged on their earnings.

Other HMRC numbers

  • HMRC Contact Number: 0871 244 7269
  • HMRC General Enquiries: 0345 300 3900
  • HMRC Tax Credits: 0345 300 3900
  • HMRC VAT Enquiries:  0300 200 3700
  • HMRC Tax Enquiries: 0300 200 3300
  • HMRC National Insurance: 0300 200 3500
  • HMRC Assessment Tax: 0300 200 3310
  • HMRC Child Benefit: 0300 200 3100
  • HMRC Employer Queries: 0300 300 3200
  • HMRC Guardian’s Allowance: 0300 200 3101
  • HMRC Childcare Providers:  0435 300 3941
  • HMRC Complaints: 0330 200 3300
  • HMRC Customer Service: 0300 790 6802
  • HMRC Online Helpdesk: 0300 200 3600

Find out more about HMRC at –

HMRC Connection Service

0871 244 7269