What is the DWP contact number? The DWP contact number is 0871 244 4854. A DWP customer service representative can answer your queries regarding the new benefit claims that are available and general enquiry related to Pension Service, Jobcentre, Child Maintenance and Disability and Carers Service.
For those who are seeking state related welfare and financial services, they can get advice and information from The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). These services relate to housing benefit, information related to job seeker allowance, and child maintenance. If you have any queries and want more information regarding these services and many other services that are offered by DWP, call the DWP contact number on 0871 244 4854.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) was established in 2001 when the Department for Education and Employment was merged with the Department for Social Security. Today, DWP is considered to be the largest public service government department in the UK. It provides assistance to more than 20 million customers and ensures that UK citizens are employed, are receiving a decent pension when they retire and are safe from work related death and injuries. The department also works closely with disabled people and employers to ensure that there everybody has access to employment. The main departments of DWP are Jobcentre Plus, Disability and Carers Service, The Pension Service and The Child Maintenance Group. There are twelve public bodies and agencies with whom the DWP works with. If you want information about any of these bodies then you can call the DWP contact number on 0871 244 4854.
You can also call the DWP contact number if you want to make a claim, or if you want to inform DWP about a change in your financial situation. By using the DWP telephone number provided on this website you will be directed to the department centre with whom you wish to speak with. By calling the DWP contact number 0843 9020742 you can receive information regarding matters such as those listed below:
Opening times, and queries related to:
- Income support: Monday till Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Remains closed on Saturday and Sunday
- Job Seekers Allowance: Monday till Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Remains closed on Saturday and Sunday
- Incapacity Benefit: Monday till Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Thursday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Employment and Support Allowance: Monday till Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Remains closed on Saturday and Sunday
In case your query doesn’t fit into any of these categories, please speak with a member of the DWP customer services team who will redirect you. Most of the calls with which DWP customer services team receives are related to making a claim, amending an already existing claim, or to make a complaint/lodge an appeal. The DWP customer service representatives can also provide help and support with other areas such as:
What are the 4 DWP Departments responsible for?
- Jobcentre Plus: This government agency is responsible for administering Job Seeker’s Allowance for people who are seeking employment and Support Allowance for those people who are seeking work but have been declared unfit for medical reasons.
- Disability and Carers Service: This government department is responsible for paying and calculating the benefits given to UK residents and their carer’s.
- The Pension Service: This department has the responsibility to provide a pension to those UK citizens who have reached retirement age.
- The Child Maintenance Group: It is also known as the Child Support Agency. This DWP department has the responsibility to arrange child maintenance payments for those children whose parents have been either separated or divorced.
If you require any more information about these departments or agencies and public bodies such as the Health and Safety Executive, National Employment Savings Trust, or the Independent Living Fund with whom DWP works with, call 0871 244 4854 and speak to one of their advisors.